Most Creative Business Idea Competition
In 2019/20 the Student Enterprise Programme is launching an exciting new competition for senior cycle students called the ‘Most Creative Business Idea’ competition. The aim of this competition is to encourage creative thinking and innovative amongst students, without students having to actually produce a product or prototype.
Here’s How It Works:
- Students MUST BE OVER 16 YEARS OF AGE at the time of submitting their entry and in SENIOR CYCLE to enter.
- Entries must be on an individual basis ONLY.
- To qualify to enter a student must be part of a class that is signed-up to do the Student Enterprise Programme (senior category) at school.
- The business idea being used for the main Student Enterprise Programme (mini company) cannot be used as the idea for this new award. The idea for this new award must be entirely separate.
- Students must come up with an innovative new business idea based around the theme of ‘Go Green; Be Sustainable’.
- Students DO NOT have to have a prototype or product made/sold to take part in this competition – it is purely concept based and students will be judged on the innovation of their idea.
- Students must make a short 2 minute video (maximum length) outlining what their business idea is and how it works.
How To Enter:
The video can be submitted online via a link from the studententerprise.ie website and the deadline for submission is 28th February 2020. The video submission link will be available to access on our website in late 2019 so keep an eye on our website for further information. Students must have a special password in order to submit their video, which can be obtained from their teacher.
A winner will be chosen from each participating Local Enterprise Office region and this entry will go forward to be considered for the National Most Creative Business Idea Award 2020, which will be announced our National Final in May 2020. The prize for the Overall National Winner is a 500 euro voucher.
More information available here.