Rules & Regulations
- Students may enter the competition either as individuals or as a team. There are no limits to the number of students on a team however each business must be represented at the County and National Final by a maximum of 5 students.
- All students on a team must be in the relevant year at school, as outlined in the various categories:
– Junior: 1st year – Intermediate: 2nd and 3rd year – Senior: Transition Year, 4th, 5th, 6th year and Youthreach. (Students must be no older than 18 years old on the day of the National Final).
- Students must operate a business and only one entry in each category from each of the 31 Local Enterprise Offices may participate at the National Final.
- Students must submit 5 copies of their business report (following the required format and with a maximum of 20 single sided or 10 double sided pages) by the designated date.
- N.B. Student enterprises that have carried out work prior to September of the current academic year qualify to enter the competition, however strictly no sales must have been made pre-September of the current year. If a student enterprise has been trading prior to this date, they do not qualify to enter the competition.
- Students are required to set up a display stand at the awards venue by the designated time. Any unusual or large display items must be first approved by the National Coordinator and strictly no live animals are permitted at the venue.
- The judges’ decisions in all matters are final.
- All content relating to entries to the SEP are the sole responsibility of the entrant(s), and the Network of Local Enterprise Offices accepts no liability whatsoever for any issues relating to breaches/infringements of issues such as copyright, trademark, or related I.P. by SEP competition entrants, etc. The school shall, as far as practical, ensure that the projects generated under the Programme do not infringe existing trademarks, Intellectual property rights or known patents.
- Prizes awarded to winning teams at National Final are non-transferable and will only be awarded in the format as outlined on studententerprise.ie and in the National Final brochure.
- Photographs/video footage taken of students at organised events during the year and at the National Final may be used for promotional purposes on behalf of the Local Enterprise Offices e.g. in the media, in brochures, on LEO/SEP websites and on LEO/SEP social media channels as well as any other promotional /educational material. Our retention policy is that photos/videos are securely deleted from our records after a two year period. Once any media is published you can request its removal should you wish at any stage.