Green Go-Getter Award
– sponsored by
Environmental awareness and sustainability are two of the biggest challenges facing this generation. Every one of us has a responsibility to play our part and that includes entrepreneurs and businesses.
Enterprises play a huge role in sustainability and this year we are delighted to be working with the EPA to recognise students who make the effort to be ‘green’ in their student businesses.
What Is The Green Go-Getter Award?
New award for 2022/23 that recognises students’ efforts to be sustainable and environmentally aware in how they run their mini-companies
This can be either in the product/service you provide and/or in how your run your student business
- Does your business idea help with environmental protection/sustainability?
- Does it tie in with one of the Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs)?
- Are you using sustainable/recyclable materials?
- Can your waste materials be re-purposed?
- Can you reduce the amount of energy you use in running your student enterprise?
- Can you use waste material from another business/household in your business?
Who Can Enter?
All student enterprises that win at County Final level and go forward to the National Final 2023 in Croke Park in May will automatically be entered into the competition.
How To Enter?
31st March 2023
One overall prize will be awarded across all junior, intermediate and senior categories.
Over the coming weeks we will be adding more resources to this page to help students come up with different ways to incorporate sustainability into their student enterprises.
|17 Sustainability Goals (SDGs)|
|Circular Economy Video||https://youtu.be/vOodVw2DemE|